Thursday, June 01, 2006

What if I don't want to get bulky?


Women often fear getting 'bulky' by lifting weights. My standard
answer is that gaining bulk is very difficult and in a program
where you're doing 10 - 25 reps it's nearly impossible. I received
the below email from my boss who got it from one of our clients.
According to this guy, Dave, I've been toning down my responses.
You know, I think Dave is onto something.

Carl, I saw this on one of the bodybuilding boards I peruse,
this in response to a girl who feared she would "bulk up" if she lifted
weights....I can sooooo see this going through the mind of Stever Edwards..lol

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME, YOU CANNOT GET TOO BIG
FROM LIFTING WEIGHTS! A NON-DRUG-USING MALE
TRAINEE WOULD HAPPILY CRAWL ON HIS LIPS THROUGH
A FIELD OF LEECHES TO ADD FIFTEEN CRUMMY LITTLE
POUNDS OF MUSCLE A YEAR! DO YOU THINK THAT YOU
ARE SOMEHOW SO SPECIAL THAT YOU WILL DEFY THE
LAWS OF PHYSIOLOGY AND SUDDENLY BECOME HUGE
ONE DAY? WAKE UP AND SMELL THE GODDAMNED
TESTOSTERONE, HONEY

No comments: