Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Plyocide: Up Close and Personal



Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet? Seriously, Plyocide is the best name for a workout I’ve ever heard. I’m not sure which one of our crew coined it but I wish it were me. Marcus’ first comment was “I haven’t had a chance to look this over yet but love the name.”



If you've got the One on One dvd you’ve got a pretty good idea of the moves involved but we’ve re-cut the workout so that you’ll hardly recognize it, and not only because Tony’s black eye has healed. Many of the movements to this workout came from a guy nicknamed “the dunkmaster” because he claims that he can teach anybody to dunk. Given that, along with the most perfect workout title ever, we felt a burden of responsibility to create a masterpiece.

I thought we had one on my first run-through, which was brutal. But we kept tweaking until we were sure, and this was confirmed yesterday at our first live showing of the re-mastered, re-edited Plyocide. Beachbody’s own Steph Saunders (Advice Staff Too on the Message Boards and creator of “the Saunders Cycle” in 90X Kenpo) stated, “I’d done the One on One version a few times and found it kind of light, but this utterly destroyed all of us.”

Plyocide, you’re now ready for your close-up.

12 comments:

Brian said...

I am frightened by that last quote.

Can't wait.

Josh Wagner said...

I am fired up for this workout. Been rocking the One on One version each week since it came out, improving!

Andie Reid said...

So how DID he get his black eye?

Steve Edwards said...

That's a trade secret. We like to keep the lore around it circulating.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the name. It's legit.

Anonymous said...

Were many/any of these moves taken from the Insanity ply workouts?

Looks awesome.

Jen said...

All I can is YIKES... I love Tony Horton and I love Torture.. Can't wait!

Chad Richards said...

So, what IS the "SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND (TM)"?
Sorry, old joke. It's cool you guys are keeping the lore going. :)

I love Plyocide! I much prefer Jack in the Box Knee Tucks over regular Jump Knee Tucks. Can't wait to see how the program has been tweaked!

Random thought: How about renaming Phelan Twist from ARX2 to The Straight Jacket? It looks like you are in one when you do that exercise. :)

Keep up the great work on MC2! Can't wait to start killing myself with Plyocide MC2!

Anonymous said...

PLYOMETRICS + SUICIDE = PLYOMETRIC SUICIDE = PYLOCIDE!!!!!

Ben Woods said...

Its like P90X meets GymJones, and not just withe the name...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the workout will change. I was SOOO disappointed when I did the One on One Plyocide routine. I thought for sure it would be twice as tough as Plyometrics - instead it was maybe 80% as tough.

Paul said...

This sounds GREAT! Question about the re-cut - is this something no one will see until MC2 is officially released, or will the One on One subscribers get the new version before then?