Friday, October 08, 2010

Ueli Steck: The Swiss Machine


This week’s psyche was an easy choice once I saw that this video was posted. I saw the full version last week at the Reel Rock Tour and can’t recommend it high enough. Even Romney, not a fan of climbing films in general, thought it was super inspiring. There’s always someone who’s climbing at a higher level than the rest of the world in the mountains and, currently, it’s Steck.

It doesn’t really need an introduction, so I’ll leave you with: “I really like fanatical training. I’m not better than anyone else. I’m just training like hell.”

Enjoy!

To see the entire film check out the Reel Rock Tour dates.

1 comment:

Steve Edwards said...

In a perfect world I'd be right there. As it is I'll be happy with finishing my work, dog duty, and getting an hour run in. But once these dogs are healthy I'm training all day, every day.

- Mickey