Friday, May 04, 2012

Yak Attack!

There’s no contest for this week’s Friday Psyche. Along with my acceptance into the Yak Attack in Nepal comes this video of the 2012 edition. Seems like there will be some good suffering involved but also, as the last guy says, it looks “awesome!” I still can't believe that I'm actually getting to go. It's the chance of a lifetime.

As an added bonus here’s an extra video on riding in Nepal, which looks a lot more serene than the madness of the race. Beautiful though. Thanks, Sonya!

3 comments:

Stoney said...

Looks awesome Steve, don't smash your face while you are there. Also, maybe you should bring some extra brake hardware, so you don't end up a blubbering fool...

Steve Edwards said...

Pretty sure I'm going with mechanical discs that I can fix on the fly.

Aaron said...

Oh man, looks like some kind of bike carrying setup will also be essential. and shoe choice! and clothes. way more than any normal stage race. christ.