Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Warriors for the Working Day



I love December. Not for the holidays and indulgence, but because it’s the month I reflect on past year of training and get to re-shuffle the deck and create a new template for what’s next.

The year’s wane is always a ghost town here at ‘the Dope. I’ve had over 2 million readers, and less than 1% of them have engaged in December. So I’m dedicating this month to my friends and the die hards interested enough in training to still be reading about it when the rest of the great unwashed is reveling to the point of disgust, hoping it will motivate them to make a proper New Year’s resolution.

This month I won’t distill for the masses. It’ll just be straight talk on training, motivation, and other assorted oddities that will hopefully be amusing and, if you don’t get it, it’s on you to catch up. God’s will I pray thee wish not one man more.

We few, we happy few. We band of brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me will be my brother. Be here ne’re so vile, this (month) shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in (America), now a-bed, shall think themselves accursed that they’re not here, and hold their manhood’s cheap, while any speaks who fought with us...

4 comments:

Josh said...

Perfect timing....

I was just this morning considering a 12/12/12 workout next week.

Who's in?


12k run.
12 mile ride
12 laps on ice routes (this will eat up some time for me)
1200 pushups
1200 situps
120 pull-ups
12,000 lbs lifted
120 ounces of coffee

other ideas????


Josh

Harry said...

My heart is in the trim.

I'll skip the ice in favor of rock (or plastic) but, yeah, I'm in. All things are ready if our minds be so.

The Knave said...

The 12 be'ist a work day.I will be challenged with that task instead of a challenge of another sort. More likely it will be 12 laps of the school with a wayward student. 120oz of filth changed out of diapers, 120 times of interlocking hands with said student and trying to calm him down. And then at the end of the work day at least a couple 12oz beers to recuperate from the day.

I will hold my manhood cheap for not exercising with you on that day.

The Knave

Steve Edwards said...

Come now, Knave,

Did not Hans and I do an 8/8/8 challenge in a quarter shy of an hour? Tis not the size of the dog in the fight, fare cousin, but the size of the fight in the dog.