Thursday, May 07, 2009

Food For Thought

I have another post up over at

The Fitness Nerd

Since it's a news site, and I've been asked to contribute, from now on I'll make my news postings there and keep this site more personal. I promise all my postings over there won't be so snide. I just couldn't resist blasting the "brain food" article in question a little bit.

In my world, the Bob Diet is settling in and I'm getting used to it. But now Bob tells me he strayed a bit from being only akaline to low fat. So he ate some meat so he could cut down on the fattier not-so-acidic items, like nuts and avocados. So I may push this, slightly abridged, into a second, and maybe a third, week.

Virtual Giro gets announced tomorrow. Still not sure what it is but it's going to be really hard. For anyone planning to join me (Reed?), it'll probably be to train a percentage of time the lads are racing that ramps up each week. So clear some room on the final week of the race.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right - that did read like The Onion. Ridiculous.

marc said...

steve

what've you got on vegan diets for performance in middle aged has beens? over the past 10 years i've incorporated eggs, poultry and fish into a diet that was exclusively vegan for more than 20 years...net result: decreased endurance, weight gain, etc. now much of the negative effects of deviating from a vegan diet may have to do with aging, marriage, apathy, etc. i'd be interested in your views, though.

marc

bob banks said...

that's a genius article. men's journal rules. I'm surprised they didn't have: "Dehydrated after walking for miles in the desert?" Drink this: water!
Not that: whiskey!

but try telling that to Tuco.